So, some of you may know about me writing a book. I case you didn't know that, well then my last sentence just told you that. Over the course of the rest of the year I'm going to be working on it and last night I wrote this scene. I wanted some feedback if possible
But when I got up to move all I could see was the blood. The bodies. They were everywhere. Everywhere I turned there was another one. Someone else I knew. Elijah, Katie, Matt, Jennifer.
After only taking two steps I sat in the middle of the aisle and scrunched into a ball. I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hands over my ears. The silence was maddening. Nobody else made any kind of noise.
I rocked back and forth and began to hum the first tune that came to mind, “Jesus loves me this I know. For the bible tells me so.” My voice came out as a tiny whisper, barely breaking the icy silence. “Little ones to him belong, they are weak but he is strong.” I faltered for a moment, trying to remember the rest, “Yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, the bible tells me so.” My face was wet now.
For a few minutes I just sat there, rocking back and forth. I blocked out the silence with my singing, and covered my eyes. Humming the song over and over until the words no longer meant anything anymore.
It was only a few minutes later, but it might as well of been a lifetime before a sound that wasn’t me broke through my crying.
Music Credits: Music by KalebNation
Saturday, April 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment