Well, my D.C. trip was amazing!
We got up around 3 on Friday (Yes in the morning) picked up my Grandmother and headed off! We went through Chicago, which was kinda nervewracking with the traffic, but still pretty epic. And spent around 15 hours in the car to get to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Virginia. The time change was confusing, we got there are 8. I'm not sure if thats our time or theirs, lol.
Next day we got up early again (5:30 our time) to head to D.C. We took the rail (Metro whatever you want to call it) and it was PACKED with other marchers. Yes, that is why we were in D.C. If you watch mainstream media than you probably didn't hear much about the March. Well, there were 1.5 MILLION people there. It was packed, we had to wait in line at starbucks for over an hour just to use the bathroom. And coffee of course. (I got a really good doughnut too) When we finally got out, we headed straight into the actual March. Chants of USA rose around us more times than I can count, and it was very easy to get lost in the crowd.
We stayed until around 2 on the left Lawn of the capitol building. I have to admit to getting bored as many of the speakers were saying the same thing after 3 hours. Glenn Beck didn't make an appearance. Which apparently he said he wasn't going to, but I still hoped he would. After that we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house. The Rail was even more packed on our way back. We had to stand for over an hour and a half because of issues with the trains. There was actually talk of shutting them down because of all the people that were there.
I made a montage video of Friday and Saturday, which can be found here http://www.twitvid.com/A8176
No comments:
Post a Comment