Tuesday, February 17

Characterization

Because we are doing a short comedy, all of the characters are flat, but I am thoroughly enjoying a show called Numb3rs right now, and when asked why I was so into this show, I thought for a bit and gave the answer, "The Character moments" The characters.

Don, Alan, Amita, Larry, Megan, David, Colby, and of course, Charlie. All of these characters seem so real. You can tell that off-camera they really like each other. There's an instant chemistry between the Eppes men especially from episode 1. Every episode, I don't focus on the case, I focus on how Don, and Charlie react to both it, and each other. Then I focus on the case. I don't rewatch it because I want to see them catch the bad guy, I rewatch to see Charlie freeze when his math got his brother shot. And when Don realizes how much he really loves his brother. Or Alan teaching Charlie how to play golf. Amita and Charlie in the car together. Larry and his constant moving around. Megan and her issues with her father. Colby turning out to be a bad guy, and then becoming a triple. David's reaction to being betrayed by Colby. This is why I watch Numb3rs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter!

Awesome people

Ink Lasts Longer Evil Iguana Productions