It must have been a month or so ago that I saw my first commercial for SyFy’s new miniseries, Alice. I was intrigued from the beginning, but unable to catch it live on SyFy for the big debut. Luckily for me it was put up online. I fell in love.
Not right away mind you. It wasn’t until Andrew Lee Potts came on as Hatter that I finally decided I would watch all of it. The beginning was a little odd, and I had issues with Alice for a bit. But then wonder of all wonders, Hatter with his cute smile and delectable accent came on and I decided to like this.
Everything went uphill from there. Turns out this particular SyFy movie has everything I tend to love in a movie. Complicated plot twists, touches of Fantasy but not overwhelmingly so, and of course that tool of all ages a love triangle.
Not to mention not once did I catch a production accident. Not one reflection, shadow, or bad editing cut throughout the entire three hours. Mind you I have only watched it three times from front to back, but this is still a remarkable feat in my mind. Even Serenity has a few minor issues with reflections.
Now, Alice does have a few minor plot holes, but I love them! Its always fun to have a few things to poke your finger through in the fabric of the story.
The details in this particular fabric are amazing! From the little old lady with the gun, to Hatter’s hairdo, everything is not quite what it seems and at the same time points to something else. I was surprised everyway that the movie found another way to tip it’s hat to the original Alice in Wonderland.
KMP
Monday, December 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment