For those of you who have read my novel, there is a new scene that I think explains alot and adds more. Its in Chapter 1, in the girls cabin.
I realized I only had to talk to them to feel better. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d hung out with a bunch of girls my age; actually I could all too clearly.
Mom had made me go to a party after a track meet with a few other girls. She insisted that I wasn’t around other girls enough, so I tried to go. It was a Friday night, and like any other high school party there were far too many people, loud music, and beer.
I refused to drink anything, while the other four girls I had arrived with were quick to grab a cup and a guy. Within ten minutes I was by myself on a couch as others around me socialized and got high.
But I didn’t know what to do. If I went home now mom might get upset. But I sure didn’t want to stay.
As I was trying to make up my mind as to what to do, a guy fell onto the couch next to me, “Hey.” He greeted.
I smiled nervously not sure what to do, and then he spoke again with a slight slur, “Havn’t I seen you before?”
He had. His name was Gary and I was in his Geometry class, plus his girlfriend was on the track team with me. Still I shook my head no.
“Are you sure?” He slurred, squinting at me. Then the answer hit him, “Jules! Jules Glau. You’re that crazy runner, the one who broke the school record.” This actually was true, a month ago I had broken the school’s record for the fastest mile run.
So, I nodded my, “Yes that was me.” And he put an arm around my shoulders, “Well then!” He said and he started to lean into my face.
Maybe it was the contact, maybe it was the smell of beer and smoke. Or maybe it was just because I was so uncomfortable and the physical contact was some kind of trigger, but before I knew it I had jumped up from the couch and ran out of the room.
Everyone was so drunk or buzzed that none of them even noticed me as I sprinted away from the house. I was maybe five miles from home, not a long distance to walk especially since mom wasn’t expecting me home for several hours.
But right around then my brain started going a little wonky. I recognized the feeling and swore.
You see, I have some issues with my memory. The doctors say there’s nothing wrong with my head, but for some reason I can’t remember a thing about what happened so that I was put into Witness Protection.
Except for these times. Every few weeks my brain goes kind-of crazy and suddenly I can remember everything in vived detail. The problem is that when this happens I go kind of psycho. Its hard to explain, but the memories are so painful that I can’t handle it.
The first time this happened my mom totally freaked out. Apparently I was screaming at one point and she called Scott. He was calm the entire time, sat next to me and told me to tell him what I was seeing.
Eventually he helps my brain work out of it and calm down. But I can never remember what I was seeing that made me go psycho afterwards.
A week and a half later it happened again. I learned gradually to lock myself in a room and call Scott. He came, took notes from what I managed to spit out, and helped me calm down.
And now, as I walked away from a party, I felt the weight of memory on my brain. I pulled out a phone and hit the 2nd speed dial.
I shoved all of that that out of my brain though and paid close attention to Elle as she explained that she had gotten her otter from her first boyfriend five years ago.
Does that help some of you?
KMP
Saturday, January 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter!
My podcast
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(54)
-
▼
January
(20)
- I got asked this question
- A new scene!
- Blog readers, I would like to introduce Insomnia. ...
- No more hope for Stargate Movies?
- I is an Epic Lollipop.
- Who doesn't like a good dream sequence?
- Quest for Camelot
- Hey you!
- Major Novel update!!!
- I am not deprived!!!
- That last post was a lie
- Here is the only place you will get to view my Sta...
- A tiny tidbit
- Fanfiction- Flag your freaking gay smut!!!
- What is love?
- So...
- Confusion
- Dreams...
- Want to read my novel?
- A bit of a rambling. Make of it what you will
-
▼
January
(20)
No comments:
Post a Comment